www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lymond1. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Christmas thoughts

Its the most, wonderful time of the year. Oh no it isn't. Oh yes it is. We've been walking in a winter wonderland, with the snow deep and crisp and even. Sleigh bells have rung (courtesy of the Beverley Lions). We decked the halls - and doors and stairs. Mummy kissed Santa Claus. Figgy pudding was brought, and eaten. And now, look out, its behind you!!!

The front room echoes as you walk in. Something is missing.

The tree, stripped of its finery, shorn of its branches, sits folorn and rejected outside the front door, awaiting the journey to its final resting place, courtesy of the Council.

The boxes wait meekly on the landing, waiting for their return to their natural habitat, the loft.

The remains of the cake sit, temptingly, on the kitchen worktop. Eat me, eat me, it cries. But like Alice, I need to find the antidote before indulging.

The sherry bottle calls like a siren: finish me, finish me. But I am strong.

The credit card lands on the mat with a thud. Pay me, pay me!

Happy New Year, one and all.

ps Darrel, a park ranger from West Virginia, found my blog 'quite inquisitive'. Does he mean I am nosey? Is it all these questions? I will have to investigate.

Comments:
Was surfing the net loking for some ski manufacturers and I came upon your site and I was impressed by the quality of content you have. Keep up the awesome job. I will be bookmarking you right now.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?