www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lymond1. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Are you a joiner? Part Two.

So, I am a serial joiner. Somethings last, and others fall by the wayside. Is there a theme? All creative-ish, all guided by someone who knows what they are doing! I like to have my hand held, obviously. All rather self-indulgent, as well. Why not something more altruistic. Hmm.

Why do I join? To be part of something different, to connect, to share. To do something else with my life other than home/work. This is, after all, the only time we will pass this way. Important to do something with it - albeit on a small scale. I like the feeling of being a part of something - and yes, I know, I do have family, but sometimes it's nice not to be mum/wife, but just ME.

Son has joined something. After months/years of us saying 'why don't you find something else to do' everytime we saw him sitting at the computer, he came home one day and said "I'm going to Army Cadets tonight". Rather ambivalent about it. Trying to look on the bright side - all that teambuidling and personal development stuff. All other half could think of was Deepcut. He was not a happy bunny. Moral: be careful what you wish for - it could come back and bite you!!

Comments:
Great photo thingy!
 
Ta. All my own work. Well, with a little help from Flickr!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?